PARENT EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
In order for emergency response plans to be effective, we must depend on the cooperation of many people, such as local police, emergency and fire departments. We also depend on the parents and our members to support our efforts. Your cooperation is vital to protecting the safety and welfare of all children, volunteers, and employees. Therefore, we ask parents to observe the following procedures during a crisis situation:
- Keep your contact information updated in our membership records. Contact our Front Desk to make any changes.
- Talk to your children. Emphasize how important is for them to follow instructions from staff and volunteers during an emergency.
- If you see something, say something, and encourage your children to do the same. Please report non-emergency information directly to SHH administration or SHH Front Desk.
- Do not come to SHH or evacuation location until you are instructed to do so by Sarah Heinz House. It may be necessary to keep the streets and parking lots clear for emergency vehicles.
- Do not telephone SHH. We understand and respect your concern, but it is essential that the telephone system be available for emergency communications.
- Do not post inaccurate or unverified information on social media. Posting inaccurate or unverified information may cause danger to our Heinz House community.