SHH Financial Assistance
Everyone is welcome at Sarah Heinz House. We provide financial assistance for families who cannot afford the full cost of programming.
We provide membership, programs and services without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or income.
We use a sliding fee scale based on total household income, which requires supporting documentation to verify income. Recipients are expected to be responsible for a percentage of the membership or program cost. Qualification for financial assistance is reviewed every year.
If you need financial assistance, please provide proof of income to Sarah Heinz House per the instructions below:
- Complete the application for financial assistance per this link: Financial Assistance Application
- Provide a current tax return to verify household income. This can be done by following the instructions on the application to upload via a secure email. If you are unable to attach a file in electronic format, you can schedule an appointment to provide this information by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Accepted documentation for income verification includes Form 1040 Form or 1040SR. A staff member will review line 8b of Form 1040 or Form 1040SR. This information will not be retained after review.
- If you are not required to file taxes, please present a statement of non-filing. This can be obtained at no cost by calling 1-800-908-9946 or by visiting the website http://www.irs.gov and clicking on “Get Your Tax Record.”
- Please submit the application for financial assistance at the time that you are registering for programs. If you are unable to provide payment at the time of registration, please contact us to make other arrangements.
- The only two items from your tax return that will be reviewed is total income and filing status. Sarah Heinz House will view the document and delete the document. This information is not kept in our files to maintain your privacy.
- You may black out or conceal the social security numbers on the tax return if you choose as this is not required information.
- The organization will only share summary information and all information will be kept confidential and will not be associated with any individual member.
- You only need to provide a tax return if you would like an adjusted registration fee. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch through the public school system, then you will most likely qualify for a reduced registration fee.
- This information will be viewed for a new registration made at any time during the calendar year, but only once a year. If you register for various programs throughout the year, you only need to provide documentation for income verification one time.
- If current circumstances have changed since you filed your last tax return, such as job loss, divorce or other situations that are not reflected in your tax documentation, please contact us and we will work to assist you and your family.
- If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Danielle White, Director of Finance via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org