Join our team and make a positive difference in young lives!
Sarah Heinz House is an incredibly rewarding place to work and build a career in youth development. On a daily basis, staff are afforded the opportunity to elevate young people’s confidence to dream big and develop the knowledge and skills to succeed and positively impact their world.
If you’re motivated by an opportunity to use your talent and expertise to empower the next generation, then please explore the job openings below.
How to inquire:
For more information and/or inquiries, please contact Christopher Cavendish at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Heinz House provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetic information.
Day Camp Counselor
Heinz House Day Camp runs from June 19th – August 11th, with 3 days of training the week before. Camp is closed on July 4th and July 21st. We have a preschool, 1st-4th grade, 5th-8th grade, and robotics camp. Below is a more detailed description of positions and camps:
Counselors will work with children in various activities including: swimming, art projects, science activities, robotics, food crafts, interactive games and field trips. Counselors should have high energy and be constantly engaged with the campers. They will set up, implement, and clean up games and activities, as well as have the opportunity to develop their own programs. Counselors will be responsible for minor discipline issues and ensuring the campers behave in a safe and appropriate manner. Each counselor is expected to supervise 1 session of pre-care and 1 session of post care. When supervising pre-care you must come in at 7:30am. When supervising post-care you stay until 5:30pm.
· Preschool Counselors will work with children ages 3-6 years old. The shift is 8:45am-4:15pm, Monday-Friday.
· 1st-4th Grade Counselors will be in charge of children aged between 7-10 years old. The shift is 9:45am-4:15pm, Monday-Friday.
· 5th-8th Grade Counselors will be in charge of children aged between 10-13 years old. The shift is 9:45am-4:15pm, Monday-Friday.
· Robotics Counselors work with children in 1st-3rd grade for the first two weeks of camp, and 4th-8th graders the remaining 6 weeks of camp. The only shift available is from 9:45am-4:15pm, Monday-Friday.
· Specialty instructors include the following: Lifeguards, Art Director, and Gym Director. The shifts for these positions vary. Pay is determined by qualifications and experience.
Starting rate is $7.25/hour.
· Works well with youth
· Creative, fun, energetic
· CPR/First Aid; Lifeguard certifications encouraged but NOT required
Sent resume and completed application to email@example.com
Program Year – Part Time Staff Needed
Employment opportunities are available for adults and members who have demonstrated strong leadership skills and have earned the privilege of that opportunity. Any Adult, Middler or Senior member interested in applying for one of our part time positions should contact the Front Desk for an application.